Application and Tuition
Our enrollment process is super simple! You just need to submit an application which will then prompt you to book an interview time with our team.
If both you and our team feel like our program is the perfect fit for you, you will be offered enrollment and then can choose your start date, which could be as soon as the following day if you are ready to get started ASAP.
As you complete each section of the journey you will then be invited to begin the next. Each section of our program DOES have a timeline you will be held accountable to once you begin.
The Indie Birth Midwifery School can be started any time during the year, meaning you could start this adventure next week if you wish! The final projects serve as milestones during the process, and give you a chance to integrate all the materials you have covered and take a short break before continuing on to the next part of our program.
The cost of our complete midwifery education is a "pay what you can" range of $7000-9000. Offering some of our other products this way has been super positive and exciting, and we are now extending it to our IBMS program in the spirit of generosity and accessibility.
- The Intro to Autonomous Midwifery course (10 weeks)
- The 40 Week Midwifery Foundations Program (40 weeks)
- The Advanced Midwifery Program (28 weeks)
- All video lectures, reading assignments, and project instructions (minus the required books)
- Feedback from our team on all final project submissions and final project portfolio reviews (31 total)
- Weekly student calls facilitated by our team. Sometimes these are mini classes, sometimes they are self-development sessions, and sometimes they are social!
- Access to our incredible Indie Birth and Indie Birth Midwifery School communities of current and former students, and amazing collaborators who guest teach and offer support to our students in other ways.
We want to be totally transparent and have no hidden fine print. ALL REQUIRED DONATIONS ARE INCLUDED IN THE $7000-9000 TOTAL for the Indie Birth Midwifery School Program (all three sections).
- Total tuition for the Indie Birth Midwifery School is a "pay what you can" price of $7000-9000.
- Tuition is due in full prior to the program beginning.
- We have partnered with PayPal, which offers financing if a payment plan is needed. Typically this is a 6 month 0% APR offer, which we are grateful is available to our students! We do not offer payment plans directly through IBMS.
- There are no refunds, period, which means we want students to feel 100% certain our program is right for them prior to enrolling. We offer an interview call and whatever support you need in order to make the right choice for you.
- A computer and internet access
- Required books
- Our Midwifery Skills Workshop (students DO get a large discount)
While we feel that our school is complete in terms of classroom learning, it does not include an apprenticeship nor do we currently have formal apprenticeship agreements with preceptors. We are happy to help connect you with opportunities and support you in finding an apprenticeship though. Our goal is that during or after you complete the program, you will be a valuable asset to any team or practice as an assistant or apprentice.
Indie Birth Private Contract Association (including Indie Birth Midwifery School) functions as a Private Contract Association (PMA) and all students and faculty must be members of IBPCA. Contract/application will be offered to you with enrollment package.