Application and Tuition
Our enrollment process is super simple! You just need to submit a free application form and then you will be prompted to book an interview time with our team.
If both you and our team feel like our program is the perfect fit for you, you will be offered enrollment and then can choose your start date, which could be as soon as the following day if you are ready to get started ASAP.
As you complete each section of IBMS you will then be invited to begin the next. Each section of our program DOES have a timeline you will be held accountable to once you begin - IBMS is NOT self paced, so you need to be ready to commit for the next 20 months. Read more about that here.
The Indie Birth Midwifery School can be started any time, meaning you could start this adventure next week if you wish!
The cost of our complete midwifery education is a "pay what you can" range of $7000-9000. Offering some of our other products this way has been super positive and exciting, and we are now extending it to our IBMS program in the spirit of generosity and accessibility. We are now offering payment plans of up to 12 months as well, and you can begin immediately after making your first payment.
- The Intro to Autonomous Midwifery course (10 weeks)
- The 40 Week Midwifery Foundations Program (40 weeks)
- The Advanced Midwifery Program (28 weeks)
- All video lectures, reading assignments, and project instructions (minus the required books)
- Feedback from our team on all final project submissions and final project portfolio reviews (31 total)
- Engaging weekly student calls facilitated by our team. Sometimes these are mini classes, sometimes they are self-development sessions, and sometimes they are social!
- Access to our incredible Indie Birth and Indie Birth Midwifery School communities of current and former students, and amazing collaborators who guest teach and offer support to our students in other ways.
We want to be totally transparent and have no hidden fine print. ALL REQUIRED DONATIONS ARE INCLUDED IN THE $7000-9000 TOTAL for the Indie Birth Midwifery School Program (which includes all three sections).
- Total tuition for the Indie Birth Midwifery School is a "pay what you can" price of $7000-9000.
- Tuition paid in full OR a committed payment plan is required prior to beginning the program.
- There are no refunds, period, which means we want students to feel 100% certain our program is right for them prior to enrolling. We offer an interview call and whatever support you need in order to make the right choice for you.
- A computer and internet access
- Required books
- Our Midwifery Skills Workshop (students DO get a large discount)
While we feel that our school is complete in terms of classroom learning, it does not include an apprenticeship nor do we currently have formal apprenticeship agreements with preceptors. We are happy to help connect you with opportunities and support you in finding an apprenticeship though. Our goal is that during or after you complete the program, you will be a valuable asset to any team or practice as an assistant or apprentice.
Indie Birth Private Contract Association (including Indie Birth Midwifery School) functions as a Private Contract Association (PMA) and all students and faculty must be members of IBPCA. Contract/application will be offered to you with enrollment package.
- There are TWO payment plan options
- We have partnered with PayPal, which offers financing for payment in full up front (this is a new line of credit). Typically this is a 6 month 0% APR offer, which we are grateful is available to our students!
- We also have a more traditional "payment plan" option available through SplitIt. Payment plans can be for up to 12 months (you get to select anywhere from 2-12 when you checkout). You would need to have the full amount available on an existing credit card so that it can pre-authorize for the full amount, but you'll only be charged the monthly payment each month. This comes in at $583 a month if you choose to pay $7000 at the lower end of the scale.